Traditional Bavarian Dance
The Bavarian Dance group of the German Club Cairns
Original and traditional
With new energy, new dances and new floorshows, the German Club Cairns’ very own traditional Schuhplattler (slap dancing), folk dance and cow bell ringing group, Enzian, is now accepting bookings.
The group performs regularly at the German Club in Winkworth Street, and is available for performances at community events, parties and private events. Have your own Oktoberfest, Bierfest, Fasching or Karneval themed event – we have floorshows to suit any time of year – even Christmas parties!
Our floorshows can be tailored to meet your wishes and can include sets of:
- Schuhplattler (Shoe slapping dances), Watschen (fighting), Holzhacker (wood chopper)
- Volkstanz (folk dance) including Ländler, Zillertaler Hochzeitsmarsch and many more
- Children’s dance group
- Alpine Cow Bell ringing performance
- Audience participation: singing and dancing, Hofbräuhaus-style ‘Schunkeln’, strong man/woman competitions, group toasts and sayings – fun and learning some German too!
All of our dancers and performers are volunteers, members of the German Club Cairns and actively promote traditional Bavarian dance, the German language and culture.
Fees for private function performances support maintaining costumes for the Enzian Dancers and the Kindertanzgruppe. We do:
- Weddings (with the traditional kidnapping of the bride)
- Polterabend (Rehearsal dinner)
- Birthday parties
- Bucks and Hens
- Christmas staff functions
- Club room hire and bar (Self-cater)
- Floorshow by the Alpine Dancers
- DJ and music: Themed, traditional, modern, German and English options.
- Themed decoration
- Themed menu: plate and platter options
- Club room hire and drinks (meeting set up)
- Kaffee u Kuchen (afternoon tea)
For bookings and enquiries, please contact Chris Zilm, 0478 112 489 or firstname.lastname@example.org